Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAQ #3 - Simultaneous Presentation of Audio and Other Stimuli
It works!!!
Thank you so much for the template!
I have no clue why we had errors before though, the only two things I changed in our code are that instead of:
"group": "audio"
I wrote: "group": "group1" (and correspondingly changed "audio" to "group1" in the background_audio).

I also removed "onset_detection": true from the voice recordings for the test, because I thought maybe that interacts somehow, but now I put that line back in and it still works, so I really don't know how it was broken before... I suspect maybe calling things 'audio' in two places wasn't great? Though Bissera also tried it using different names and it still didn't work.

Anyway, it works now! We will also be able to let you know whether the onset_detection:true will work in this case because I can hear the audio file in the background_audio recording, so that could trigger the onset_detection, but it may not if it triggers only from the mic. I will let you know about this because it is extremely useful info for people who record speech production (like me), to know whether the onset_detection will work (it saves us - very literally - hundreds of hours).

Messages In This Thread
RE: FAQ #3 - Simultaneous Presentation of Audio and Other Stimuli - by amiefairs - 04-29-2021, 04:30 AM