Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAQ #3 - Simultaneous Presentation of Audio and Other Stimuli
Dear Grace,

Thank you for this response, I'm working with Bissera on this project Smile

As Bissera said, we have audio files (sentences) and we want to keep the fixation cross (or another symbol) on screen while the sentence plays. People have to speak out loud to complete the sentence, by saying one word. We anticipate that sometimes people might speak before the end of the sentence, and we want to record that, as well as recording in some 'blank' time after the sentence has finished. This means our 'trial' (in our lab terms) is a series of screens such as:
Fixation cross -> Symbol -> Symbol + audio response -> Symbol or blank screen while participant provides the final word of the sentence.
We will present the first Symbol for maybe 0.3s so the audio doesn't start immediately with the onset of the symbol.
We want to record background_audio in both the Symbol+audio response trial template and the Symbol/blank screen final trial template.

As Bissera said, our sentences are different lengths. We could manually specify their length in a csv doc and then batch upload, but maybe it isn't necessary? I read the tokenaized image documentation but I don't quite understand how it would apply here when we would like to concurrently present audio and an image.

I guess our questions are:
Can we concurrently present audio and an image/text? If so, how?
Can we make a background_audio response span longer than one trial template? If asked this previously and at the time the answer was no, but I know FF has excellent development Smile
Do you have any other thoughts or creative solutions as to how we can go about this? Smile

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: FAQ #3 - Simultaneous Presentation of Audio and Other Stimuli - by amiefairs - 04-13-2021, 08:07 AM