Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials displaying longer than their set time?
I think it can be reasonable behaviour, but at least how I read the tutorial I assumed they would also show up on screen in the same space. It could just be me misunderstanding though. However, the researchers I am building this for have said it's not too much of an issue, as having one long audio recording is most important.

I like your powerpoint idea! I may consider it, though for right now I have gone about this in a horrible way to look at - I instead make each stimuli a trial template and then create new blocks for each trial sequence, and then chain the blocks together. For this specific experiment there are only two possible experiment lists (so I don't need to worry about making each sequence occur in a random order), so I'll take advantage of assigning participants to groups and then just define the block order. It's just very ugly, but it absolutely works, and that is what is important!

I'm not sure if I understand your between blocks comment. In a previous study I yoked trial templates having randomised them first, put them into 5 separate blocks, and then randomised the blocks, so that participants (in theory) all saw a different trial sequence. Is that the kind of thing you are suggesting here?

As an aside, something I would now really like as a new development would be batch uploading for text files. I am manually creating new stimuli, which are of type 'text', and then putting the two words which display in each stimulus. It would be very cool if there were a way to upload a csv file with all the words in it, and they would be automatically put into stimuli files (similarly to the way you do it for picture uploads).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trials displaying longer than their set time? - by amiefairs - 01-27-2021, 09:04 AM