Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sequential presentation of image stimuli
Hi everyone,
for my experiment design I need a sequence of images (red and blue squares) to appear one item at a time, from left to right. I do not want the first item to disappear before the presentation of the second one, and so on...
At the end, the participant should be able to see the sequence in its entirety.
Does anyone know if this presentation modality is supported by FindingFive? 
Thank you in advance for your help!
Chiara
Hi Chiara,

I think you are looking for an analogous functionality supported by the tokenized text stimulus (https://docs.findingfive.com/en/grammar/...nized_text) in our tokenized image stimulus (https://docs.findingfive.com/en/grammar/...ized-image). In the tokenized text stimulus, we can display a sentence, word by word, from left to right, and display the whole sentence on the screen in the end. You want to do exactly this, except with images, right?

The tokenized image stimulus, at this time, only supports displaying one image at a time (essentially simulating the effect of a GIF with precise timing control). However, it's quite straighforward for us to implement what you need, because the framework for doing so already exists in the tokenized text stimulus. And we are very happy to add this feature to make your experiment possible.

How soon do you need this feature? We are a volunteer team so we need to plan ahead a little bit for new feature requests! Thank you for understanding.
Hi Ting,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for and it would be great if you could add this feature to the platform! Unfortunately I'm a bit tight on time, since I would need the experiment to be ready by the end of the current month. I totally understand if you can't make it by then, but I think it would be a useful implementation in any case!
Ok! Let us estimate how much work there is! I'll give you an update by the end of day tomorrow (Wednesday). It might just be a trivial addition.
Hi Chiara, if we finish implementing this feature and making it available by May 17th, would it be soon enough for your timeline?
Hi Ting, having this feature available by May 17th would be great! Thank you very much!
Alright. We'll get started on this then. I'll ping you again near the end of next week!