Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank screen?
A participant was not able to advance through my experiment. They told me that after the instructions and microphone test, they saw a blank screen with the orange progress bar at the top and no other buttons. Typically there is a blank screen as the stimuli play, but a button pops up afterward so that the participant can record. I previewed the study, created a back-up session with a new link, asked the participant to try a new browser. Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? Are there security settings we should consider? This has not been a problem for other participants yet, so I'm not sure what else to try.
Hmm...interesting issue. It sounds like an issue with the audio stimulus, I assume? Do you happen to have info on the browser / device used by the participant, and what audio format is the stimulus in (mp3, wav, ogg)?

Most likely some audio compatibility issue it sounds like.
(12-12-2023, 08:39 AM)Ting Wrote: Hmm...interesting issue. It sounds like an issue with the audio stimulus, I assume? Do you happen to have info on the browser / device used by the participant, and what audio format is the stimulus in (mp3, wav, ogg)?

Most likely some audio compatibility issue it sounds like.

I have wav files loaded in the experiment. The participant tried both chrome and safari, on a Macbook pro.
We found the cause of this issue and have fixed it! Give it another try?
(12-12-2023, 04:19 PM)Ting Wrote: We found the cause of this issue and have fixed it! Give it another try?

Thank you!! I'll let the participant know and will let you know if there is any additional trouble!