Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem uploading zipped audio files
I've uploaded several sets of zipped audio files to "Files" and while these uploads were "successful" none of the files are showing in the list of files, and none of the files available for use in stimuli, they're missing.  However, with each "successful" upload, the "memory meter" shows space has been taken up by the no-show files.

-- sten
Hi Sten,

This sounds like a cache issue (which we will fix if that's the case). Can you verify if you log in from incognito mode on your browser, whether you can see those uploaded files? Thanks!

Ting
Hi Ting,

I'm logged in to incognito mode and I don't see the files.

-- sten
Apologies about that, Sten! We can replicate that problem. We'll fix it asap.
Hi Sten,

We've released the quota that was occupied by those ghost files, and also fixed the bug that caused them. It was the spirit of halloween that got us carried away, sorry! Wink If you try uploading again sometime after 3pm ET today, it should work!

Thanks for letting us know!

Ting
Hi Ting,

Thanks for your quick response! I re-uploaded my zipped file at about 4:20 PM, and unfortunately, I'm having the same problem: after "uploading" the zipped file there's a message that says the upload was successful, but the files are nowhere to be found under "Files", and when I try to run the one study that uses these files in preview mode, I get the error message "Sorry, but we encountered an unexpected error upon processing your request." Then all the stimuli files turn red, and if I try to run the experiment in preview mode again, I get the warning "Some stimulus files are not uploaded yet. Please upload them all before previewing the study."

This all happened in Chrome in incognito mode.

For the sake of science, I opened up Firefox in private mode (I rarely use Firefox) and while I was able to see all of our studies in "Studies" and all of our sessions in "Sessions", when I click on the Research>Files tab, I just get the orange loading spinning ring. . . .and it just hangs there. I can't even view the studies. When I try to run my study in preview mode, the same thing happens as in Chrome: I get the error message "Sorry, but we encountered an unexpected error upon processing your request." Then all the stimuli files turn red, and if I try to run the experiment in preview mode again, I get the warning "Some stimulus files are not uploaded yet. Please upload them all before previewing the study."

I am hoping this additional information is helpful -- I think there may be more "bad spirits" to be exorcised!

-- sten
Haha thanks Sten! Yeah we noticed the fix is somehow intermittent. Let us consult some external forces! Smile
Give it another try? We have been able to consistently upload files for the past hour. We did make some configuration changes that should address the root cause.

Thanks for being so patient!
I just tried again this morning and it's exactly the same.
You are right. This is very odd. Somehow the fix always works for some time and revert back to the old behavior, and this only happens on the US server. Hang on!