Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fill-in-the-blank
Hi! I would like to include a simple fill-in-the-blank task into my experiment with a text that contains 25 blanks where participants type their answers in each blank. Is there a way to achieve this in FindingFive?
Photo 
Hi there! Thank you for your question. As it turns out we don't seem to have a straightforward way to implement a fill-in-the-blank study. We're investigating ways to work around the problem and will get back to you. Meanwhile, if a text response like the one in the screenshot suffices, you should check out the following study grammar page: https://docs.findingfive.com/en/grammar/responses/text

-M
Thank you for checking on this for me! I am attaching a screen shot to illustrate what the task needs to look like. It is not just one box but rather multiple blanks in a text.    
Hi there,

Thank you for your patience. I discussed your question with the members of the researcher experiment team, but I'm afraid FindingFive does not have a straightforward way to create a multiple fill-in-the-blank study. It is certainly possible to display a sentence with a blank and a text box underneath it like in the attached screenshot, but I don't think this is quite what you want to accomplish.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you give us another chance if you want to develop a study with a different design in the future. Please let us know if we can be of any help.

-M

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)