Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prolific ID Missing
Hello, I am piloting a study in which participants are redirected from Prolific to Finding Five. In order to match their FF study data with their Prolific demographic data, the first thing I have them do when they start the FF study is enter their prolific ID into a text response.

Unfortunately, 3 out of the first 10 pilot subjects did not have that response recorded! That row in their data is simply missing.

What are some reasons why that response isn't being saved?

This is a pretty crucial step in my study, so any help you can offer in sorting the issue out would be much appreciated!

Best,
Nate
Hi Nate,

FindingFive faithfully records all data entered by participants. This sounds like a participant compliance issue. You can force an entry by turning on the "required" property of the text response.

I'm on my phone so I can't link it for you, but just go to the grammar doc you'll find it and an example.
Thanks Ting! I didn't realize there was a 'required' option, will definitely make that change!
No problem. if you know for sure the length (in the number of characters) of a Prolific ID, you can even set min_char and max_char to exactly that number so that participants have to enter their ID (or a random string of the same length). That's a little risky though because it's kinda annoying. Wink