Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the font of a part of a target
Hello All. 
I am working on a new study and I need to change the size, or colour, or make bold only a one word/phrase of the response sentence. For example, in the following response: 'to beat around the bush' , I would like the word 'bush' to be bold, and the other words to have 'regular' font. As an alternative, it can have different colour or size. I know the program allows a researcher to adjust the size of the whole response, but is it possible to change the part of it to be bold? (or change its colour or?).
If yes, how should I create a particular command? 
Thank you in advance! 
Kind regards
Paweł
Hi Paweł, do you know inline CSS tags? Text stimulus has support for this feature. For bold, you can just do "to beat around the <strong>bush</strong>". For colors, you can do "to beat around the <span style="color: red;font-weight:700">bush</span>"

The feature is partially documented here: https://docs.findingfive.com/en/grammar/stimuli/text
(05-11-2023, 03:58 PM)Ting Wrote: Hi Paweł, do you know inline CSS tags? Text stimulus has support for this feature. For bold, you can just do "to beat around the <strong>bush</strong>". For colors, you can do "to beat around the <span style="color: red;font-weight:700">bush</span>"

The feature is partially documented here: https://docs.findingfive.com/en/grammar/stimuli/text

Dear Ting.
Thank you very much for the answer. The first option works best for me. I have one more question. The responses in my study are : "choice". Their default colo is white, and I would like to change it into black. Unfortunately, even if I write as follows "color":"black" the response items remain white (when I check it in the preview study function). Is there any way I can change it, or the choice response color is only white with no other option available? Thank you in advance.
Yours faithfully. 
Paweł
Unfortunately the response text doesn’t support changing colors. Sorry about the late reply too!
(05-17-2023, 08:10 AM)Ting Wrote: Unfortunately the response text doesn’t support changing colors. Sorry about the late reply too!

Dear Ting!
Thank you so much for the answer and sorry for the late reply.
Your advice in terms of font bold was enough. My research is aready running (4 pieces), but some of the participants report the problem with creating an account on the platform. Firstly they receive the error message. They continue proceeding and manage to input the data concerning the name and password, but when they try to log in to the platform for the first time they encounter the message on "invalid recaptach data". I have advised to change the web browser or use other email adress, but it still does not work.
Please find attached three jpeg files with the screenshots of the problem. I have erased the data concerning login and password, but they have been entered correctly.
I would be grateful for your assistance in that matter.
Yours sincerely.
Paweł Stefański

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)