Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistent Unnamed Error
Hello,

I am encountering a problem.

Whenever I try to preview my study, I get this pop-up:

[Image: IBLf9Nx.png]

Normally, I'd get a syntax error or two at trial templates or procedure, but this after all of that's done. All errors due stimuli name not matching, response csv, etc. all that is fine.

Details of the experiment: just a bunch of written sentences being displayed as stimuli in each trial, and an audio response is recorded.
I suspect it has to do with my response items, because stimuli are literally just basic sentences. I am including definitions for both my response and a generic stimulus 

response:
Code:
{
  "type": "audio",
  "instruction": "Okuyuşunuzdan memnun olduktan sonra \"boşluk\" tuşuna basarak bir sonraki cümleye geçebilirsiniz.",
  "rerecording_allowed": false,
  "volume_visualizer": true,
  "alignment": "center",
  "onset_detection": true,
  "padding": 1000,
  "auto_start": true,
  "key_stop": " "
}
stimulus:
Code:
{
  "type": "text",
  "content": "Zürafayı gördü fil.",
  "alignment": "center",
  "size": "50px",
  "delay": 1
}

}Would greatly appreciate help or guidance with respect to what could be causing this unexpected error.

Thank you
M. Yarkın Ergin
Hi M. Yarkin,
Thanks for your message. Would you mind sharing the study with me ([email protected]), so I could take a look?

Best,
Rachel
Hi Rachel, thank you for the help.

I added you as a collaborator (that's what sharing a study is right?)
Yarkın
Hi Yarkin,
Yes, that's right. Thanks for adding me as a collaborator! Unfortunately, I can't look at it when you are also looking at it, so when you are done editing it, just let me know, and I'll take a look!
Best,
Rachel
Oh didn't know that! Alright I closed all my FindingFive tabs. Thanks for letting me know, it should be OK now.
Hi Yarkin, 
It looks like the error is due to the use of brackets in trial templates FirstTen through SixthTen. Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? For example, on FirstTen, do you want all of these stimuli presented together ("isovm1","isovu2","rovsm3","iovsm4","rovsu5","fillerrflx_1","isovm6","rsovu7","isovu8","rovsu9","isovu10")? How should the responses correspond to each presented stimulus?
Best,
Rachel
What I was trying to program FindingFive to do was link these trials:

("isovm1","isovu2","rovsm3","iovsm4","rovsu5","fillerrflx_1","isovm6","rsovu7","isovu8","rovsu9","isovu10")

with the response item "resp_record", and link the stimulus "catch_1" with the response item "resp_record_catch". These are all stimuli I want to be shown separately (each stimulus is one trial)

I thought I had used this syntax to get this results, but apparently I am mistaken. I was trying to not create a unique trial template for each of my unique stimuli, which share the response item "resp_record". Is this possible? What syntax should I be using?
Hi Yarkin,
Placing the first 11 stimuli within brackets creates a nested list, which tells FindingFive to present all of those stimuli on the same trial. You are getting the error because FindingFive can't figure out how to display all of those at once. One option is to create separate trial templates for the stimuli requiring different responses (e.g., one displaying the first 11 stimuli, and one displaying the catch trial), like so:

Code:
    "FirstTen": {
    "type": "basic",
    "stimuli": ["isovm1","isovu2","rovsm3","iovsm4","rovsu5","fillerrflx_1",
                "isovm6","rsovu7","isovu8","rovsu9","isovu10"],
    "responses": ["resp_record"],
    "parent":"settingtrial"
    },

"CatchTrial1": {
    "type": "basic",
    "stimuli": ["catch_1"],
    "responses": ["resp_record_catch"],
    "parent":"settingtrial"
    }

You will also need to change your block definitions and separate the trial templates in the "Experiment" block into separate blocks like so:

Code:
    "FirstBlock":{
            "trial_templates": ["FirstTen"],
            "pattern": {"order": "fixed", "repeat": 1},
            "catch_trials": {"template": "CatchTrial1", "frequency": 1}
      }

If you need to further tweak the presentation of the catch trials, you can do so adjusting some additional properties described here

Finally, make sure to insert the new blocks created into the block_sequence. Hope that helps! If anything is unclear or you have further questions, please let me know.

Best,
Rachel
Thank you so much for the swift and helpful replies!