Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text box bug after grammar renderer update
In one part of my study, I use multiple text box responses. Before the grammar renderer update, all these behaved perfectly fine. After the update, all of the textbox responses still behave normally, except for one question where I limited the size of the text field using "max_char": 2.
When this particular text field comes up, although there seems to be a cursor focused at the beginning of the text box, the cursor does not respond to any keypress (you can't write anything). However, if I use my mouse, I can highlight the little bit of whitespace in the corner of the text box, and then enter the response.
I removed the character limit for this particular trial, and the problem went away (but the text box was no longer limited to 2 chars). Putting the character limit back in reintroduces the problem.
I'm wondering if, even though I am seeing what looks like a cursor focused in the corner of the "max_char": 2 text box, for some reason, the focus is not automatically being set within the limits of the 2 char text box.
Not a huge deal to me personally (I can really do without the character limit, tbh) but it was working before!
Hello!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Our team is going to have a look at what is going on and work on fixing it ASAP.

Best,
Victoria
Hi all, I just ran into the exact same problem in our experiment. Character limit of 3 wouldn't work, but increasing it to 10 made it work.
Hi everyone. Thanks for the report. It is indeed a very odd issue, but the good news is that we've found a workaround. It should no longer have this odd behavior after the January update. The update is scheduled for Monday 1/17.