Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid stimulus and response format
Hi Ting!

Thank you very much for your answer to my post and for the useful links you included. Unfortunately, although they helped on other aspects, I still cannot solve my problem.

Here is the code for the part that doesn't run properly. Basically, I have created three lists, each including a number of stimuli that are images for emojis. I want these images to appear randomnly on screen in position 2 (based on the 3X3 grid). Below them, in positions 4 and 6, two images should appear and they should appear for all emojis (so fixed stimulus pattern). For that I created the trial template "images." Below those images, again with a fixed stimulus pattern, two rating scales should appear, one for each image. These scales I included in the trial template "list" because I want the ratings to be done on the emojis.
When I run this part, only the emoji and the rating for valence appear on screen. I also tried to include the images directly in the Responses for each rating scale, but again it did not work. At the end of the code I attached, you can see the code for the block corresponding to list.

I would really appreciate your advice on what I could do.
Thank you very much!
Best,
Katerina

"list":{
"type":"basic",
"stimuli":["astonished","crying",
"frowning","grin_squint",
"hushed","kissing_smiley_eyes",
"no_mouth","persevering",
"screaming_fear","sleepy",
"smirking","squint_tongue",
"tired","weary"],
"stimulus_pattern":{"order":"random"},
"auto_advance":true,
"location":[2],
"responses":["valence_resp", "arousal_resp"],
"location":[7,9]
},

"images":{
"type":"basic",
"stimuli":[
{
"which":["angenehm_unangenehm", "aufgeregt_ruhig"],
"location":[4,6]
}],
"stimulus_pattern":{"order":"fixed"},
"auto_advance":true
},

"block":{"trial_templates":["list"],

"pattern":{"order":"randomized_trials"}}

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hybrid stimulus and response format - by Ting - 11-22-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: Hybrid stimulus and response format - by Katerina Tsar - 11-29-2021, 05:26 AM
RE: Hybrid stimulus and response format - by Ting - 11-30-2021, 03:25 PM