Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fixation cross location using yoked trials
Thanks again - not elegant, but working, that is all I needed! The timing of the two stimuli is looking good now.

Unluckily, it did not actually solve the problem of where exactly on the screen things appear. The fixation cross appears about two lines in the chosen font size below the place where the first word of the sentence appears. This is odd, because they are not in the same trial template any more. I tried to play around with the location information (specifying "5" for both crosses and sentences, or leaving it out completely), but this did not seem to have any influence.

The only reason that I could think of is that the fixation cross is not followed by a response, whereas the sentences are followed by a response after all words have been presented. So perhaps the words in one trial template are shifted upwards to make room for the response that is still in the trial template.

Would that make sense? Is there a way to trick the fixation cross into having the same shift without adding a noticeable response?
Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: fixation cross location using yoked trials - by aczyp - 10-21-2021, 02:03 PM