Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
key response with buttons
Hi Rachel,

Thanks so much for your message! Yes, of course, here's some more detail.

I want to have a trial on which i have a fixation cross in location 5 while my audio a1 is playing and once the audio is finished i want to have two text options t1a and t1b appear in locations 1 and 3 or if the fixation cross is gone, which i have no preference for, locations 4 and 6. Indeed all i want on screen is the text options and no instructions or buttons (but could keep the cross, i don't mind). Then i want my participant to use the keys to choose one of these text options and to automatically proceed to the next audio once they've made their choice (no buttons). The location of the text options should be randomised, but not the location of the fixation obviously, which is why at the moment, since i have everything in one trial, i haven't successfully managed to use the "location" and "randomize_location" options and keep one stimulus stable and the others moving. The reason why i put them on one trial is that before they were on two separate trials, but then i wasn't able to coordinate the audios with the text options and that's vital. I have:
  • 50 audio pairs: a1/a1x, a2/a2x, a3/a3x
  • 50 text pairs which go with the audios: t1a/t1b for audios in pair 1, t2a/t2b for audios in pair 2 etc
I want to have the two appropriate text options appear after my randomised audio file is played and i want my response to record which text option was selected.

So the problem is that if i have separate trials i can't successfully coordinate the audios and the text and if i have them on a single trial i can't place them where i want them on screen. In terms of the response, the problem is that i want the response button to be linked to a stimulus and not a button i've created.

Thanks so much,
bissera

Messages In This Thread
key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-02-2021, 07:38 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-03-2021, 01:33 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-04-2021, 07:31 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by Ting - 09-04-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-22-2021, 10:13 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by Ting - 09-23-2021, 08:40 AM