Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video stimulus crashes
Has anyone experienced long video stimuli crashing? I have one video that keeps crashing at 5:42. It seems to be a feature of the file somehow, because the same thing happens in an experiment where the only trial is the video. I have tried setting a fixed duration and leaving duration unspecified, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. The video plays without issues outside of the experiment (i.e. when i play it from Resource files). I have another video of the same duration that plays just fine in the same experiment - both videos are .mp4. Any advice is appreciated!
Interesting...can you try using this video (https://drive.google.com/file/d/134npYlI...sp=sharing) instead and see if it gets stuck too? Trying to rule out if it's the length or something else.

If you could share your video with us, we would love to test your video too.
Yes, this gets stuck too, just after 4 minutes.
The video in the above link tests okay for me on all my devices, including a low-spec chromebook. Are you using Windows? If so, we've seen such crashes before and a GPU driver update usually solves the problem. Video playing is not handled by the server, but by your local browser. It's likely an isolated issue.

Can you also describe what you mean by "crash"? Does Chrome say "oh snap, that page didn't work"? Does it crash in Firefox too? Is the video player stuck on the last screen it played or does it turn black/blank/white? Thanks!
I'm using a Macbook.

The "crash" looks like the video freezing. The strange thing is that for one of my videos, it always happens, but for the other, only sometimes.
Hmm...are you using Firefox or Chrome? I have a dusty Macbook pro from 2013 in storage. Might be the time to take it out and test it there.
Chrome. 
I'm going to do a test shortly with the video split in two parts to see if that does anything.