Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comprehension questions after response following specific stimuli
I'm working on a forced choice experiment, where participants are presented with a sentence including a pronoun and then choose which of two names they think the pronoun referred to. That all works with my current code. However, I also want to follow some of the trials with a comprehension question (also a forced choice response) after participants have made their response. The problem I'm having is that the comprehension questions have to occur after specific items. I tried to use catch-trials, but that doesn't seem like the right approach, given that each comprehension questions can only follow one specific trial.  
I also tried to set up as a separate trial template containing the trials to be followed by comprehension questions plus the comprehension questions themselves. By keeping the stimulus_pattern in a fixed order, I can make sure the appropriate comprehension question follows its intended stimulus + response. But then I could not figure our how to create a block consisting of N regular trials followed by exactly two of these separate trials, i.e.  1) a stimulus followed by its forced choice response, followed by 2) a comprehension question asking about something in the preceding stimulus sentence, followed by a forced choice response).
Does anyone know a way to do this?

Messages In This Thread
Comprehension questions after response following specific stimuli - by atfrederiksen - 02-03-2021, 10:37 AM