Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials displaying longer than their set time?
Hi Ting,

I'm so sorry I missed the email about this response and haven't replied!

Yes, you are exactly right! Somehow I did not understand your previous reply Smile So yes, I have three different sequences and if I code them using alternate random then they end up in different blocks, and yes being able to mix trials/sequences between blocks would be fantastic! So yes, if this can be added to FindingFive as a new feature this is something I would definitely make use of. Especially because I actually like, in general experiments, to have entirely random sequences of stimuli presentation. In my previous FindingFive experiment I randomised trials within a block and then randomised the block order, but if trials could be mixed between blocks then there could be something approaching full randomisation.

Now though I have a related but slightly different question - how many trials/screens can I display with submission point = false? Timing is so critical on the study I am (still) coding that I have worked out that instead of making a block of each sequence, it is better to chain sequences within one big block. At some point though I need to have a screen with submission_point = true because I need to send the data back. Do you have a guideline on how many screens/trials I could display before having this submission_point = true screen? This relates to one of the issues when I started this thread, about how at the end of a block responses are recorded resulting in a longer final 'screen', so I need to make my blocks longer to get around this. But I don't want to make them so long there are issues with data caching in the experiment...

And thanks for the crash course stimuli batch upload. No idea how I missed that as I have done the crash course Big Grin But you have saved me hours of work, thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trials displaying longer than their set time? - by amiefairs - 02-12-2021, 07:22 AM