Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials displaying longer than their set time?
Hi Amie,

Regarding my comment on "randomizing trials between blocks", I may have misunderstood your design. But let me try to clarify my thoughts first, and then you can tell me where I am wrong. =)

My interpretation was that you needed three types of "yoked trials", as illustrated by your three different sequences. Each of them represents a particular way of displaying stimuli and collecting responses.

Each sequence corresponds to many different actual instances of such trials, because there are different stimuli. So, using the "alternate_random" trick, you can create all instances of a single sequence type fairly easily.

The problem, as I perceived it, is that by using "alternate_random", you are confined to presenting instances of a single sequence type in a single block. In other words, you may code three blocks, each representing a sequence type that you want, but each block must be presented in its entirety before another block can be presented, meaning that all yoked trials of a particular sequence type will be presented altogether, and then another sequence type, and then another.

I don't believe that's what you want, right? You want the trials of all three sequence types to be mixed together.

That's why I suggested, that if we have a way to mix trials between blocks, then your design can be implemented rather effortlessly.

Where did I get this wrong? Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trials displaying longer than their set time? - by Ting - 01-29-2021, 10:39 AM