Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lexical decision with yoked pair stimuli
Thank you! So far it all seems to be working properly now which is very exciting!   My next (last?) question is how to program in a few breaks. Currently, my main lexical decision blocks (2 blocks for 2 participant groups) have 240 trials each, which is too many. I have created trial templates and a block in the procedures section for breaks, but I am not sure how to get these breaks into the block sequence. Is there a way to code it so that the block called "break" is automatically triggered every n number of trials in each of my lex_dec blocks, or to say that I want 3 breaks evenly spaced, something like that? Right now, my block sequence is defined as:

{"block_sequence": [                   
"practice",
  {"GroupA":["lexdec_blockA Wrote:
                      "GroupB":["lexdec_blockB"]}, 
                     "survey"
                    ]}

Thanks again for your patience and help! I am new to Finding Five and relatively new to coding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucy - FF Researcher SupportHello! See my answers in-line in purple text. 

Thank you! After reading about the response_pairing option, I am still confused as to how to set this up. If I create two responses (WORD target and NOT WORD target), then how do I set which targets match each response? From what it sounds like, if I use the "partitioned" option, it would take the first 1/2 of my stimuli as WORD and the 2nd 1/2 as NOT WORD, is that correct?
Yes, correct. 
What do I do about stimuli that have no response (such as instructions etc.)?
These stimuli should be placed in a separate trial template, where you don't use response pairing. 
Does this mean that I have to have the stimuli uploaded in the proper order, or can I set this manually (ie list the stimuli names that should be the first choice response and then the second, etc.)?
See the documentation: https://help.findingfive.com/api/trial-t...html#basic response pairing goes off of the order of stimuli and responses in your trial template. 
Also, do I code the response_pairing option in the trial template for my targets, something like this:

"practice_primes": { 

"type": "basic",

"stimuli": ["pracP01", "pracP02", "pracP03", "pracP04", "pracP05","pracP06", "pracP07", "pracP08", "pracP09", "pracP10"],

"order":["random"],
"order" is not a top-level property. If you are trying to randomize these stimuli, use a stimulus pattern: https://help.findingfive.com/api/trial-t...s-patterns

"delay":[1.5]
Don't put 1.5 in brackets, as "delay" takes a numeric value, not a list. 
},

"practice_targets": {

"type": "AFC",

"stimuli": ["pracT01", "pracT02", "pracT03", "pracT04", "pracT05","pracT06", "pracT07", "pracT08", "pracT09", "pracT10"],

"responses": ["word", "not word"],
  "response_pairing":["partitioned"],
Don't put "partitioned" in brackets, as "response_pairing" takes a string, not a list. 

Will it assume that pracT01-05 are WORD and 06-10 are NOT WORD?
Correct. 

Sorry for so many questions, and thank you for your help!

You're welcome!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexical decision with yoked pair stimuli - by [email protected] - 11-18-2020, 05:36 PM