Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lexical decision with yoked pair stimuli
I am creating a study with priming and a lexical decision task and I have arranged to use yoked pairs of audio primes and text targets. I also have 2 separate lexical decision blocks for 2 separate groups of participants, so that they only hear a subset (half of each of 2 types) of the primes. 

Problem 1: 
I am stuck on how to code the response options. In the tutorial on using yoked pairs, RESPONSES is set to "lexical decision": Is this a response I would have to create or is it built-in? I can't find any information on that in the RESPONSES section of the site. If it is a response I must define, how do you set which targets are YES/WORD and which are NO/NOT WORD without having separate responses for these two options? I know how to create separate responses for WORD and NOT WORD, but I don't see how to use these response options with the design I am working with, where I have 2 blocks for participant groups, but would also need 2 blocks for responses, for each participant group (?). 

I think I would have to figure out a way to create 4 blocks: WORD and NOT WORD targets for each group, but then I would need to keep my primes and targets yoked, while randomizing the order of the yoked trials that are WORD and NOT WORD, while also keeping my 2 participant blocks separate. The NOT WORD trials are fillers and are the same for both participant groups, but the WORD trials are different.

Do you have any advice or guidance, or other relevant tutorials? 

Messages In This Thread
Lexical decision with yoked pair stimuli - by [email protected] - 11-16-2020, 09:00 AM