Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Response feedback + demographic responses
(08-25-2021, 10:19 AM)Ting Wrote: Gotcha.

So the "before" part is already possible, right? You can use the keypress response and set multiple to false, so that it only accepts a single key press (a whitelist will be helpful to only allow F and J, for example). Keypress responses don't have hints anyway, so that isn't an issue. The "after" part is the hard part - keypress responses are invisible, and won't give you feedback.

The first thought off the top  of my head is perhaps the "follow-up response" feature: https://discuss.findingfive.com/showthread.php?tid=91. The idea is that when participants press F or J, you follow it up with a corresponding "response" (it has to be a response structurally) that really serves the purpose of showing a feedback. For example, you can set up a choice response with a single choice (call it "ok, got it"), whose instruction is "yes that's correct!", and another one that says "no, that's incorrect".

What do you think? A bit hack-ish but I think it might be doable?

Hi Ting, 

I'm a little bit confused about the follow-up response after looking at the grammar reference. Instead of specifying 

{"previous_choice_response": [.... 

would I need to do "{previous_keypress_response": [.... (?) 

I'm also confused about how, if after the keypress response I give participants a choice response where they press "ok, got it", would the subsequent feedback know if their 'F' or 'J' keypress response was (in)correct? Would the "yes that's correct!" or "no that's incorrect!" be in response to the initial keypress response or in response to the choice "ok, got it" response? 

Thank you! 

Grace

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response feedback + demographic responses - by [email protected] - 08-25-2021, 06:03 PM