Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Response feedback + demographic responses
Hi Ting, 

I hope you're well! 

I have a question about providing participants with feedback on their responses, as well as with some demographic questions. 
I am using keypresses for responses to my stimuli, so participants will see the stimuli and have to press either the 'F' or 'J' keys. However, I'd like to add in feedback, so if they press the 'F' key when they should have pressed the 'J' key they will get feedback (maybe something like 'error' and a reminder of S-R keypress mappings). With choice responses, participants can get said response feedback, but the two keypress choices are displayed at the bottom of the screen. I'd like to avoid this if possible. Do you have any advice on how to give response feedback while still using keypress responses? 

I've also been working on adding in my demographic questions, but I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I've defined my stimuli and the associated responses, built the trials in "Trial Templates", and built the demographic trials into "Procedure", including the trial sequence. However, no matter the type of response defined, the "continue" button shows up. For example, I have a question asking about gender identity, and the response is a choice response as follows: 
{
  "type": "choice",
  "choices": [
    "female",
    "male",
    "non-binary",
    "prefer not to answer"
  ],
  "key_mapping": [
    "F",
    "J"
  ],
  "target": "YES"
}

The whole code is: 
"DemographicGender": {
  "type": "basic",
  "stimuli": ["DemographicGender"],
  "response": ["DemographicGenderResponse"]

When I run the study, instead of any of the available choices popping up, only the "continue" button is displayed. So, the question will ask "what is your gender identity" and instead of the choice responses, only "continue" will display. This is the same for text box responses. (And actually right now the choices that should be displayed in the example above are "YES", "NO" because I was testing this out with previous response code that has run fine in previous studies). 

Thank you so much! 

Grace

Messages In This Thread
Response feedback + demographic responses - by [email protected] - 08-23-2021, 07:40 PM