Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible bug: missing file error
I was running through my experiment and when I got to trial 76 (my trials are hard coded, not randomized) I got an error that "The file 205_frog_shove_monkey.mp3 is either missing or in an incorrect format. Please fix the problem and preview again."
I checked and saw that that file did indeed exist; but just for kicks, I decided to upload a new file (205_frog_shove_monkey_copy.mp3) and updated the audio stimuli for trials 76 to reflect the new filename in "content".
I ran the experiment again, but this time I got the error "The file 205_frog_shove_monkey_copy.mp3 is either missing or in an incorrect format. Please fix the problem and preview again."

So the "missing file" did not seem to be the problem.
Next, I went into Procedure and deleted trials 1-74 from the experimental block to see if I could get trial 76 to play at all.
I ran the experiment again, and trial 76 played perfectly, no error message.
So why would there be an error message when I started with trial 1 and went to 76, but not when I started from trial 75?
Next, I put back trials 1-74 so the block was complete again. Now I wondered, could this have something to do, not with the fact that there's something wrong with trial 76, but there is something buggy going on when this block reaches the 76th trial position in the block.
To test this, I deleted just trial 76 from the block, so now the trials would proceed from 1-75 and then 77. My hypothesis was that if there is something wrong with the 76th position, I would get an error message about trial 77's audio file. . . .and that's exactly what happened.
Any idea what's going on?

Messages In This Thread
possible bug: missing file error - by sten_knutsen - 07-30-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: possible bug: missing file error - by Ting - 07-30-2021, 03:03 PM
RE: possible bug: missing file error - by Ting - 07-30-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: possible bug: missing file error - by Ting - 08-02-2021, 09:22 AM