Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"continue" button and trial duration
Hello! :-) 
I have a question about the "continue" button. I see on the study specification grammar website that FF will automatically determine when a trial gets a "continue" button based on whether the trial duration is set to 0sec or more. i.e a study that has a duration of more than 0 won't (necessarily) get a "continue" button, but one with no duration or defined responses will. 
In my study I have trial templates with three stimuli all of which need to have different durations. The first needs to be 2000ms, the second 1000ms, and the third 500ms. None of the stimuli can have responses or buttons/button presses because they're meant to serve the same function roughly as fixations. In blocks they're yoked together with corresponding trial templates of three critical stimuli; essentially, one trial, composed of two trial templates, would be 2000ms pause >> critical stimulus >> 1000ms pause >> critical stimulus >> 500ms pause >> critical stimulus. 
I've found that I can avoid the stimuli requiring responses or button presses when I define the trial duration. However, if I keep the trial duration, then each stimulus can't have an individual duration of its own (or it can, but it would disappear before the whole trial template moves on leaving a blank screen). I have also tried to set each individual stimulus duration to its own respective duration. However, when I go to comment out the whole trial duration, the "continue" button automatically appears again. 
I'm wondering if there is a way to keep my code so that each stimulus can appear for its respective duration time (2000ms, 1000ms, and 500ms) without defining a trial duration and without the "continue" button automatically appearing? 
Thank you so much! 
Grace

Messages In This Thread
"continue" button and trial duration - by [email protected] - 07-09-2021, 09:22 PM