Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about instruction during self-paced reading
Hi Grace,
Thanks for your suggestion!
I set the barrier property into false but then I can only see a blank screen.
So I removed the "auto_advance" property and then it worked!
But this time I encountered another problem.
Whenever I press the spacebar to make each token appear, a message appears at the top saying "Wait until the playback is complete" (I'm not sure this translation is correct, since I can see the Korean message so I translated this in English).
The reason I see this message is I set the "auto_advance" property into false, right?
Is there a way to hide this message so that participants are not bothered by this during reading?

I will add codes for a sample trial and stimulus below.

"Text1B_inst": {
"type": "basic",
"stimuli": [
{"which":["Text1B", "press_inst_pic"],"location":[2,5]}
],
"responses": [],
"barrier": false

},

**Code for Text1B stimulus
{
"type": "tokenized_text",
"content": "This is - the story of Hugo. His life started - in a poor- redaster - in the south of Italy. -<br/> There were - only a few buildings - and one of them - was a - melnawg - for poor boys -<br/> who had no - money - and nowhere to live. - It was run - by a very angry master -<br/> and an old -woman. - They took in infants - from a short - time - after their - flern -<br/> with the - idea - that each of them - would be an unpaid - tombat - for years. This was -<br/>not a secret - in the community. - Everybody knew about it.",
"delimiter": "-",
"alignment": "left",
"mode": "masked",
"mask_char": "_",
"self_paced": true,
"barrier": false,
"key_advance_instruction": false
}

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question about instruction during self-paced reading - by Hyeonah - 05-18-2021, 05:46 PM