Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequence of images as stimuli + formatting
Hello!  I am continuing my work on my same experiment, which involves presenting sequences of images with strictly timed settings and formats (see my previous thread for more context).
I am wondering how to present stimuli in this way: 
1. Maintain a single image at the top center of the screen. 
2. Flash several images consecutively below and to the left (or right) of this fixed image without requiring any prompting from the participant.  
3. Close the entire stimuli without participant interaction.  
I was unable to figure out how to maintain the fixed image throughout the entire stimulus (this solution would be extremely helpful for other parts of the experiment as well!).  However, I was able to flash the stimuli using the "duration" category, but the issue lies with the fact that it forces a "continue" button to progress, even after the stimulus duration has elapsed (the button waits on a blank screen).  
Please let me know what you come up with.  Thank you for your help!
Hello! Maintaining a single image at the top center of the screen while flashing several images below is possible by setting "delay" and "duration" for the flashing stimuli as desired, and using the custom option to define your stimulus presentation in your trial template: https://help.findingfive.com/api/trial-t...tom-option.

To continue to the next trial without participant interaction, you must set "duration" for the trial template (not just the stimuli).

Do these settings work for you?
It's closer than before!  However, formatting is still a little questionable, as the fixed image remains at the very margin top of the screen, even when I try inputting its location as 2 or 5 based on the 1-9 grid.  Also, since I wish to reuse an image stimulus within my string of flashes (within the trial stimulus), but the "delay" setting for that single stimulus acts as a blanket for that image.  Is there any way I can remedy this so that the stimulus appears in a desired sequence repeatedly?
To leave whitespace at the top of the screen, your best bet is to create a blank image of your desired dimensions, put that location 2 and put your fixed image at position 5.

To reuse an image on the same trial, create a second stimulus with a different name but that refers to the same image.