Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to have a speaker icon (audio stimuli)?
Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is well! I have a specific question about audio stimuli. Is there any way to add a speaker icon to the audio stimuli as in the picture while the audio stimulus is playing?
 The default audio stimulus has a speaker icon. Nevertheless, it gives a control panel for the participant. There, a participant pauses and runs the stimuli. We do not want these, participants to have control over the stimulus as every participant should be receiving the same audio stimulus. We cannot know if they have control over the stimulus such as pausing and running it again.
Is there a way only to have a speaker icon on the screen? I cannot find a way to code it in the grammar reference. Without the icon, participants are receiving a blank white screen. It seems litte surprising and confusing. It is not an important problem, but if there is a way to avoid it, we would really appreciate it.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration!
Best,
Dogukan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Dogukan,

There is currently no built-in way to do what you are asking, but you could manually add another stimulus with a speaker icon to be presented at the same time and set the display duration to the length of the audio stimulus. 

Hope that helps!
Rachel
Thank you very much! It worked!

Best,
Dogukan
Great to hear! 

Best,
Rachel