Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU server / US server
Dear FindingFive,

I have a question regarding the server difference between the EU and the US. I have set up a study using the EU server but would like to run experiments with people potentially based in the US. Will there be any glitches if I do this?

Thanks!
Best,
Hyewon
In general, not at all. The EU server vs US server setup is mostly for researchers who need to abide by their institution's rules regarding where their research data should be stored. The two servers are both accessible by anyone anywhere in the world.

Two "caveats" to keep in mind:

1. The EU server is generally faster for people who live in the EU, and US server for people in the US. Internet is somewhat instant, but distance matters too. Smile

2. Accounts on the EU server and the US server are completely separate. This means that participants who already have accounts on the US server will need to create accounts on the EU server again to participate in your study. A potential point of confusion that you may need to clarify to your participants ahead of time.

Hope this helps!
(05-31-2022, 07:53 AM)Dear Ting,Thanks so much! This will save me from all the trouble I otherwise would have had!Best,Hyewonstellestrellaj Wrote: Dear FindingFive,

I have a question regarding the server difference between the EU and the US. I have set up a study using the EU server but would like to run experiments with people potentially based in the US. Will there be any glitches if I do this?

Thanks!
Best,
Hyewon
Glad to hear and happy to help!