Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carryover responses used more than once elicit errors
Hi,

I have another issue regarding the carryover response functionality. I would like to use one carryover response as the next stimulus more than once because I want my participants to evaluate their response on more than one question. But I seem to run into errors when I do that. Could you please look into it?

Quote:  "eval_absurd_1": {
    "type": "basic",
    "stimuli": [
      {"which": ["1a", "%r:TestingBlockA|main_absurd_1|text_response",
                "q_absurd"], "location": [2,5,8]}
    ],

"stimulus_pattern": {"order": "random"},
    "responses": ["a"]

},

"eval_annoying_1": {
    "type": "basic",
    "stimuli": [
      {"which": ["1a", "%r:TestingBlockA|main_absurd_1|text_response",
                "q_annoyed"], "location": [2,5,8]}
    ],

"stimulus_pattern": {"order": "random"},
    "responses": ["a"]

}
Thank you in advance!

Best,
Hi,
Sure, I'll take a look and get back to you shortly.
Best,
Rachel
Hi stellestrellaj, 

The issue is not with using carryover responses more than once, but with the way you've defined the carryover responses in relation to your participant groups. 
It's important to make sure that you are carrying over responses that are actually displayed in the first place (I realize that this can be confusing with multiple groups!). 

I am going to send you detailed points to fix via a private message. 

I also noticed that you are defining block sequence within many of your blocks, but the correct way to control the presentation order of trial templates within a block is to use "pattern". Block sequence is used (once) within the blocking procedure to define the order of blocks. I don't think this caused any of the errors, but it also didn't randomize the order. 

Best,
Rachel