Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
branching changes
About 8-12 months ago I ran several studies that used branching. I need to run another condition now. The branching is no longer working. It seems things have changed that have resulted in my branching code to no longer work. Can someone help point out what needs to change now?
Here is the branching block:
    "matchAFCblock": {
      "trial_templates": ["MouseCheck1"],
      "branching": {
        "method": "match",
        "triggers": [
          {"trial_template": "MouseCheck1", "response": "MouseChoiceResponse1"}
        ],
        "branches": {
          "YesBranch": ["I have the right equipment"],
          "NoBranch": ["I do not want to participate"]
        }
      }
      },

"matchedYes": {
        "trial_templates": ["YouClickedYes"]
      },

"matchedNo": {
        "trial_templates": ["YouClickedNo"]
      },

Here is the block sequence:
  "block_sequence": ["intro", "mouseintro", "headphoneintro",
      "matchAFCblock", {
        "NoBranch": ["matchedNo"],
        "YesBranch": ["matchedYes",
                      "InstrBlock", "TrainBlock1", "TrainBlock2", "TrainBlock3", "TrainBlock4", "Test1Block", "Test2Block", "Test3Block", "OvertQuestionsBlock1", "OvertQuestionsBlock2", "OvertQuestionsBlock3", "LanguageBackgroundBlock"]
      }
  ]

Thank you in advance for your help!
Hi - there appears to be an issue on our end. It's fixed now. Give it another try?

There's no grammar changes for conditional branching but the infrastructure supporting the branching functions has been updated and now works more efficiently. The cost of efficiency, well, is a slight regression in stability. But we hope this is the last of it.

Good to have you back - we just want to make sure that you are aware of our new pricing changes (effective since October 2021). Researcher will need to pay a small session fee even for studies that do not have cash reward now: https://www.findingfive.com/pricing/ The fee is always post-hoc, charged *after* participant data is downloaded. You can also find the FAQ on session fees here: https://help.findingfive.com/rfaqs.html#session-fees
Thank you very much. It is working now. I appreciate your quick assistance with this and for the information on pricing. Take care. ~ Jonathan