Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participant unable to enter study
Hello! 
I am currently collecting data and I had a participant reach out to me telling me that after reading the consent form and hitting the "participate" button they were taken to the bottom of the screen with no way to proceed to the study. They tried entering the study using both Firefox and Chrome. They are eligible for the study and were specifically included using the "allow only..." feature when setting up study sessions. I have not had any other participants contact me about this issue. Besides switching browsers, is there another way to go about helping this participant?
Thank you!
Grace
Hi Grace,

Do they see any particular messages? There should be a message telling them why they can't join the study. We can start looking for issues from there.
(03-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Hi Ting, Wrote: Hi Ting,

Thanks! I asked if they were seeing any messages telling them that they're ineligible, which they didn't. It sounded as though there were no messages being given to them. They said that they read the consent form, hit participate, and were brought to the bottom of the screen, and they weren't sure how to proceed from there. 

TingHi Grace,

Do they see any particular messages? There should be a message telling them why they can't join the study. We can start looking for issues from there.

Sorry for the double reply. The font on the last reply was very small.

I asked my participant if they were getting any messages saying that they were ineligible, and it sounded like their problem was just that the study wouldn't let them proceed. I'm not sure what happens on the participant's side once they hit participate (if there's an "enter" button at the bottom or if they're automatically entered into the study from there). They said that it just took them to the bottom of the screen, and they weren't sure how to proceed from there. From there I asked them which browser they're using and whether they saw anything telling them that they're ineligible.
Yes it sounds like they are on the right track. Once it scrolls down to the page bottom, they will see a button that says either Enroll or Not eligible. If the latter, there will be a specific reason.
(03-07-2022, 07:51 PM)Ting Wrote: Yes it sounds like they are on the right track. Once it scrolls down to the page bottom, they will see a button that says either Enroll or Not eligible. If the latter, there will be a specific reason.

Hi Ting, 

This is a little late, but thank you for your help! I relayed this to my participant and I was able to get them set up with a new session.