Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"unexpected error"
Hi Ting, 
I created a language history questionnaire study about a month ago and it ran just fine when I tested it out. I temporarily switched to Qualtrics but came back to my FF version this week. I made a few adjustments to it, but when I run it now I get this error: "Sorry, but we encountered an unexpected error in processing your request." 
There are no apparent syntax or logic errors because it will let me launch the study when I press the launch button. Once it gets to the welcome/consent page, that's where I get the error message. I copied the study and launched it from the copied version, and I still got the error. However, none of my other studies are showing the same error, and they do run. 
I'm wondering if you have heard of this before, and/or what might be causing the error after launching it when there are no syntax or logic errors before launching it? 
Thank you so much!
Grace
Hi Grace, does the problematic study have multiple participant groups?
(10-05-2021, 08:11 PM)Ting Wrote: Hi Grace, does the problematic study have multiple participant groups?

Hi Ting, 

No participant groups have been created/assigned yet. I was just doing a test-run through it to make sure everything looked fine after I made adjustments to it.
This sounds odd. Can you add me as a collaborator? Search for my findingfive.com email please. Thanks.
(10-06-2021, 09:00 AM)Ting Wrote: This sounds odd. Can you add me as a collaborator? Search for my findingfive.com email please. Thanks.

Hi Ting, 

I just added you! Thank you so much! 

Grace
OK - this is an interesting and previously unknown issue: in two of your rating responses (the "current exposure" ones), the "labels" contain a mix of text and numbers. That apparently will trip up the grammar engine.

We will fix this on the backend, but you can do a quick change to circumvent this issue rather easily. For all the numbers in "labels" (20, 30, etc), add a pair of quotes around them. That is, they should look like:

["Never....", "20", "30", ... ]

And it should run! In the near future (perhaps in a week or two), we'll update the grammar so that this won't be necessary. It's only needed as a quick fix for now.
(10-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Ting Wrote: OK - this is an interesting and previously unknown issue: in two of your rating responses (the "current exposure" ones), the "labels" contain a mix of text and numbers. That apparently will trip up the grammar engine.

We will fix this on the backend, but you can do a quick change to circumvent this issue rather easily. For all the numbers in "labels" (20, 30, etc), add a pair of quotes around them. That is, they should look like:

["Never....", "20", "30", ... ]

And it should run! In the near future (perhaps in a week or two), we'll update the grammar so that this won't be necessary. It's only needed as a quick fix for now.

Hi Ting, 

Thank you! It worked! I am so relieved. 

Have a good afternoon!

Grace