Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the audio file size limit and the premium membership
Hi, FindingFive!
I am writing because I have some questions about the audio file size limit and the premium membership.
First, I tried to upload some big audio files, but failed. It says that the file exceeds 5MB. However, as far as I remember, I uploaded some of them in the past... I am wondering this restriction is temporary, and if not, upgrading to the premium member can solve this problem.
Second, our lab is considering getting a premium membership, for which a lab account (though not be a school account) will be created. However, before doing so, I would like to check whether it is possible to transfer studies created by me and other researchers, who belong to the lab, to the lab account. I mean one of the advantages of the premium membership is that up to 3 people can be considered to be creators, and I am wondering whether it is applied for such case that the premium member is the recipient. 
(To be more specific on my situation... As I improved upon a study created by a college of mine. I am not able to publish it without her help because she is the creator, so I tried to solve this problem by copying the study. In order to do this, I have to re-upload all the stimuli. That is fine, but the problem is that the big audio files are not be able to be (re)uploaded... )
I sincerely appreciate all your help and support.
Thank you very much.
Hello!

1. File uploading - if you upload via the "resource files" page, it should work. You can either upload the files individually or in a zip file. Once uploaded, you can just refer to those files using their file names in the "content" field of a stimulus.

2. Lab membership - thank you so much for your lab's interest and support! To answer your question about your workflow regarding launching studies created by another person:

Yes, it is possible to transfer a study between accounts on the server end (meaning we'll do that for you), but that's not the most efficient way to achieve what you want to do. Once you and your collaborators get the laboratory membership, an extra option in the "collaborator" tab will be available: "Allow them to launch sessions on your behalf". Whoever created the study can add you as a collaborator with that option, and then you'll be able to launch their studies!

Hope this answers your question? Whenever you are ready to sign up for the laboratory membership, please email us at [email protected] so that we can discuss the cost and other details!