Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
background audio not recording fully
Hi FF team,

I have a study in which i present pictures for 5 seconds and people have to say a sentence while i'm recording the background audio. When i listen to the recordings they are cut off - i can hear only half of my sentence, and i'm certain i finished speaking before the picture disappeared. I then tested by counting out loud until 5 so that 5 would come just around the end of picture presentation, and indeed the recordings only last until four or sometimes even three. I tried on chrome (i was using firefox before) and the same rhythm of counting this time had the picture disappear already at four (so this is also unexpected in itself, although  i know you recommend chrome and so request participants use that) and then the recording has me counting until three. 
I've already set up the background audio to last +1s to stimuli from group1 (that is the pictures)* and it still doesn't do it. Any advice? We definitely need the entirety of whatever was said during picture presentation recorded. In case you wanted to have a look at the study i've made a copy and titled it "study with audio not recording as long as specified".

Best,
bissera

* i've only done it for one of my blocks, to test, the practice block, which only has a few trials.

Messages In This Thread
background audio not recording fully - by bisserai - 05-13-2022, 06:37 AM