Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trial template with no-response and required-response trials
Hi FF team,

I'm trying to make an experiment in which i play audios and only collect a keypress response after some of them. To that end i've set up my procedure to show the "audio", "response" and "submit" trial templates in this sequence (last one is just a blank screen where the response is submitted). "audio" just plays the audio, and then "response" i'm not sure how to set up because i want to collect a response only on some trials. Here's what i have at the moment, where "blank1" is a blank screen for 1s and bague is an image to which i want the ppt to give a keypress response:
Code:
  "responses1": {
    "type": "basic",
    "stimuli": ["blank1", "bague", "blank1", "bague", "blank1"],
    "responses": ["X","key","X","key","X"],
    "auto_advance": true,
    //"duration": 3,
    "submission_point": false
  },

So i've set up two responses: "X" and "key" the former being a key response which i don't look at and the latter a key response which i've set to be "required": true. However, unless i have my trial duration set, i don't advance from the "response" to the "submit" screen even though i have the "auto_advance":true. The duration of "blank1" is 1s, and the stimulus itself appears for 1s, but then i don't proceed to submit, because there's nothing to tell it that i want to get to the next trial. That's the case even if i press a key to give a response. When i //"responses":["X","key","X","key","X"], i get a smooth running audio presentation, response time, submit time, repeat. So it's something to do with the response, but i can't figure out what. I've tried setting the duration of the response to be the same as the stimulus by using the ,"duration": "%sgroup:group2" feature, but it didn't work.

One option i see is to leave the trial duration set, but then this needs to be overriden by the response "key" which MUST be given before the exp can proceed and i'm not able to find a way to do this (i.e. it's already set to "required":true, but that doesn't do it.)

Thanks for your help!
bissera

Messages In This Thread
trial template with no-response and required-response trials - by bisserai - 03-08-2022, 10:31 AM