Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fixation cross location using yoked trials
I have been trying to set up a speeded rating study where sentences are preceded by a fixation cross. The stimuli are tokenized_text sentences and text for the fixation cross.
While it is easy to get a close-to-the-same location for fixation cross and the first word of the sentences, they slightly shift position if I put them on the same trial. In earlier related threads started by other users, you recommended not putting them on the same trial, but going via yoked trials in the procedures section instead.
However, when I try to do this following the tutorial, I run into trouble because the code to explain how it works is made for priming, with equal numbers of stimuli in the primes_template and the targets_template:
"target_prime_lexical_decision_block": {
    "trial_templates": ["primes_template", "targets_template"],
    "pattern": {"order": "alternate_random", "repeat": 1}
}

In my own study, I only have one stimulus in the trial template "fixation_cross", namely, a fixation cross.
So the study won't run if I replace "primes_template" with "fixation_cross", since there is only one stimulus in this trial template.
Could you recommend a way to specify in the procedures that the single stimulus in the trial template "fixation_cross" needs to be repeated over and over again, until the second trial template is done? Thank you very much in advance.

Messages In This Thread
fixation cross location using yoked trials - by aczyp - 10-20-2021, 12:55 PM