Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
key response with buttons
Dear FF team,

I'm setting up a norming study for which i would like to have participants listen to an audio stimulus (e.g. a1, a2, a3...), then be presented with two text options on screen (a1_1 vs a1_2, a2_1 vs a2_2...) and use the keyboard only to select whether they choose the left option or the right option. I'd like to record that they chose a1_1 or a1_2 regardless of where on the screen they were presented. At first i had my audio and text options on different trials and tried using a choice type response with key_mapping "L" and "R" and a key_only response, but that gave me L and R buttons, as well as additional text instructions telling ppts to make a choice. Now i have the audio and the text options on the same trial, however i get a continue button and the fixation cross that's supposed to be in the middle is shifted left. I thought i could use "location" but that's only for responses, and my text options are stimuli - i don't want to make a different response for each audio stimulus. Ideally i'd like to have my fixation cross centered (location 5) and once the audio is done (this bit is fine, the text options appear after the audio) have the text options appear in locations 1 and 3.

Thanks a lot for your help!
bissera

Messages In This Thread
key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-02-2021, 07:38 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-03-2021, 01:33 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-04-2021, 07:31 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by Ting - 09-04-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by bisserai - 09-22-2021, 10:13 AM
RE: key response with buttons - by Ting - 09-23-2021, 08:40 AM